Press contact: email@example.com
8 September 2014: With the kitchen reveal one of the most highly anticipated weeks of The Block, this year didn’t disappoint, with the contestants unveiling some of most striking and unique kitchen designs in the programme’s history.
As seen in The Good Guys Kitchens on The Block, Cosentino, world leader in stone, quartz and recycled surfaces, is featured in all five kitchens with the couples showcasing a range of kitchen designs, which deliver modern, functional spaces and reflect their unique personal styles.
Couples Michael and Carlene, and Simon and Shannon tied for this week’s renovation challenge, with both kitchens showcasing distinctly different looks. Michael and Carlene’s ‘Manhattan Chic’ styling contrasted with Simon and Shannon’s “Industrial Luxe” space but both embraced new trends including textured materials and luxurious accents. The butler’s pantry was a unanimous design choice for all, for show stopping kitchen spaces that offer hidden functionality.
Each couple selected Cosentino’s Silestone® product with the diverse range of colours and textures available ensuring each apartment has a completely unique look and feel. From the bright whites of Silestone® Blanco Zeus to the dark grey tones of Silestone® Cemento Spa, each kitchen reflected the different design styles of each couple and their apartments.
Gary Isherwood, Area Manager for Cosentino Australia, said: “The Block contestants have outdone themselves with the kitchens this year, designing fantastic and functional spaces that the future owners will be able to enjoy for many years to come. This year’s renovations highlight the continued popularity of natural materials, with exposed brick, quartz surfaces and integration with outdoor areas balancing out the bold, modern design elements for truly striking spaces.”
The Block kitchens:
· Michael and Carlene opted for an opulent kitchen that combines modern industrial style with classic New York chic. Exposed brick contrast with copper accents for an air of Manhattan brasserie while sophisticated matte black cabinetry and dual benchtops in Silestone® Bianco Rivers and Blanco Zeus ensure the timeless look will last.
· Chris and Jenna combined modern styling with natural materials for a two-toned kitchen that combines generous storage with striking design. Glass cabinets and the bold black Silestone Tao benchtop give the space a modern feel, contrasted beautifully with timber-grain cabinetry and floor-to-ceiling display shelving for a personal touch.
· Karstan and Maxine’s light and airy kitchen is the perfect entertaining space. The couple chose the neutral tones of Silestone® Yukon for the benchtop, and opted for the darker grey Silestone® Cemento Spa to provide plenty of room for informal dining and entertaining.
· Simon and Shannon chose textured materials and subtle details, giving their kitchen an industrial luxe feel. The brothers selected the darker marbled tones of Silestone® Doradus from the Nebula series combined with opulent gold metallic cabinetry for a designer statement.
· Darren and Deanne modern classic kitchen features a traditional neutral palette an elegant setting. In true Hamptons style, the couple paired classic cabinetry with the crisp white of Silestone® Blanco Zeus in the exclusive Cosentino Suede texture.
Cosentino’s innovative range of stone, quartz and recycled surfaces offers a range of stylish colour tones and modern finishes. Highly resistant to stains, knocks and scratches, Cosentino’s surfaces are the perfect choice for living spaces like the kitchen, to ensure each room will look perfect come auction day and beyond.
Silestone® by Cosentino consists of more than 90% natural quartz, with the weight and feel of natural stone. Available in more than 60 colours, Silestone® by Cosentino is the stylish and durable surface choice for any renovation. Exclusive bacteriostatic technology provides extra hygiene protection, making it one of the most hygienic surfaces on the market.